Welcome to the Les Beaucamps School Website. Les Beaucamps School is an 11-16 secondary school with around 500 students. The school was opened in 1959 and then re-opened in a new building in 2012, it serves the parishes of Castel, St. Andrew's and St. Martin's. From September 2012 we will be taking pupils from The Forest School. The school is administered by the States of Guernsey through the Guernsey Education Board.
The Future. Update on Building (Oct 2013)
The building of a Sports' Hall with swimming pool and gymnasium and outdoor games areas will commence is in construction. Progress is on schedule. The completion date is January 2014.
Our school's main strengths lie in :
- Creating a supportive environment so that all of our students will leave the school with a sense of achievement.
- Recognising that we all learn in different ways and that we all have different talents. The school is more about 'I can' than I.Q. (Intelligence Quotient).
- Working with parents and carers to ensure that our students receive the best possible education.
- Developing a sense of community and our responsibilities as citizens of Guernsey and the world at large.
- Encouraging students to enjoy their education and to make a valuable contribution to the school community.